Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Changing Paths



We've all heard the metaphor of being on a "path" in life. I was on a solitary path for almost 20 years of my life. Thinking the only thing I would ever hold dear to me was my mother, my career and my two cats. In other words, I thought I was going to forever be the career oriented single woman much like the Carrie Bradshaw-s of this day.

I was happy and couldn't understand anyone who said "All I've ever wanted is a family". UGH! Crazy talk, I told myself.

Then I met "The One". Suddenly I was seriously thinking about having a kid with this man...maybe I'm interested in coordinating colors in "our new place".

I was sitting on my sofa after a day of a cross-town commute to the office, doing laundry, dishes, dinner and bathing Ethan. While watching my Hubby play with Ethan the thought of staying home full-time with my baby creeped up to the forefront of my mind once again. It would be so nice to wake up to the sound of Ethan cooing "Mama", keeping up with the house, making dinner and going on outings with him.

My path has changed. It's neither better nor worse than what I thought I wanted before my 20th birthday. God has moved me. That's what I contribute it to anyway.

Hopefully it will happen and I will be trying something new. A new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment