Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Personal Dia de la Mujer

Monday was "el Día Internacional de la Mujer Trabajadora". Woohoo! I don't think half of the people in my office knew about it. I didn't know until Tuesday. Either way I want to contribute to this day and to the month-March is National Women's History Month- by focusing on, praising and thanking God for a few women I know personally...

Thuy Mi- This woman is a rock star and she knows it! She is a proud mother of one and a fashion diva. It always amazed me how feminine she can be while belching so loud neighbors wanted to see what the ruckus was. Part of being a woman keeping up with our health and body. Thuy always works hard to make sure she and her beautiful baby girl are healthy and it translates into physical beauty any woman would turn green for.

Viririana- Don't get in her way people! This woman will not let anything get in her way. She is also one of the nicest people I've met. Don't ask me how she does it, because I don't know!!!! How do you DO it? She says she is ready for whatever comes her way because of her faith. She worked very hard throughout her life and now she moved away from her family, friends and everything she knows to start a life for herself with her dream job in tow. Good luck in Florida, Babeeeee! She is one brave "Hot Mama". If there is anyone to look up to, it's her.

Raquel (Tia Kelly)- She is a miracle. My Tia is a breast cancer survivor and more. Let me explain. It is one thing to survive through an event in your life, it is something more to look family and friends with a beautiful smile and genuine happiness throughout the ordeal. Kelly's love for life inspires me to get off my butt and do something with my life. While she was too weak to stand on her own and her body was suffering the effects of chemo, her amazing spirit broke through it's physical boundaries and showed its strength to anyone who would offer an eye. Now, she has recovered, her gorgeous silver hair has grown back and she continues to take classes in whatever tickles her fancy. Thank you, Tia for showing me what it really is like to have faith.

Carmen (Mom)- I can't put into words how amazing this woman is. "Superwoman" is the only thing I can think of. She has given up almost everything to help my sister and I succeed and achieve everything and anything we want. She was laid off when I was in elementary school and she showed me that she would turn that negative into a positive. She went back to school to become a medical assistant and now she loves her career. She's suffered divorce, cancer, depression, physical, mental and spiritual pain in the hopes that, through prayer, her sacrifices would serve to better the life for her family. She is my personal number one Hero. Every mom should be a hero to her children.

These women are fighters, achievers, lovers and so much more. I know many more women who deserve to share their fantastic stories, but for the moment this will have to do.

YAY WOMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment